Thursday, June 9, 2011

And Prize for Biggest Slacker Goes To......

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know. I blog and then I disappear. What can I say? I'm a busy gal.

I started off this week lost and lonely. Ana is at Grandma's for the next few days and both of my dogs are currently away from home due to health issues. My best friend Deborah has her hubby and new puppy to look after and I would hate to bug the heck out of her.

Luckily for me, I met a new friend: Sophie Zimina. She is from Siberia, Russia and probably one of the MOST interesting people I have ever had the pleasure of talking too. I've learned more about Russia and Israel (Where her mother lives) this past week than I did in years of school. Cause lets face it, if it's not about America you don't learn much about it in school. At least I didn't in NC. Sad to know.

Anyway, do you ever wonder if God puts people in your path with the intention that you meet? I do believe so. And I believe that Sophie was put dead center on my path. After gathering up the courage to invite her over for dinner, I was ecstatic that she accepted. I was sure she would wonder why this crazy American girl was asking her out for dinner. Little did I know that that night would be the start of a great friendship. We talk and text and genuinely enjoy each others company. I love watching her learn American "Slang". She smiles, laughs and then repeats the meaning multiple times in order to etch it in her brain. I listen to her speak Russian and learn a little at a time. Emphasis on LITTLE. I can speak 6 words. Yes, No, Sandal, Pyramid, Lady and Old Woman. Translates into: Da, Neit, Pyramida, Sandalii, Ledi and Babushka. That is the extent of my Russian. But hey, it's 6 more words than I knew before Sophie got here. I am blessed to have stumbled across such a fabulous new friend and I cannot wait to get to know her further.

I think my current sunburn can attest to my dedication to my friends. :P

Speaking of friends, I have a WONDERFUL friend that I REALLY need to see face to face more often. She is a joy and makes me smile constantly. She also nags me mercilessly about my lack of 365. I went into 365 with such excitement. I forgot that I was going to have a deployed husband and never forsaw the loss of both of my dogs. It's been a crazy couple of weeks. Sooo, I am going to take a page out of my beautiful friends book and I am going to go with 52 weeks instead of 365. I think ANYONE can manage 1 pic a week. :) With that said, here are two from a recent outing with my daughter that just make me smile.




Oh, the wonder of children. I love when just one little piece of a plant can create such excitement. And yes, I broke the cardinal rule of photography, I Cut Off Ana's Hands at the Joint!! GASP! Someone take away my camera!!!

Heidi, I hope that these two shots make you smile. And on that note, I am exhausted and going to sleep!

Peace out everyone!

1 comment:

  1. They made me smile BIG :D And oh dear, stop flattering me in your posts!! haha I don't think you could ever annoy Deb, either! LOL

    Thanks for your update :D They make me so happy!! Cause I know you did this JUST for me :D I am SO excited to get to know you (and the other girls) more tonight!! :D

    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete